Polco is Hiring a Senior Product Manager!
Polco is looking for a solutions-oriented, tech-savvy, experienced Product Manager who wants to improve governance and politics. We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver who loves a challenge and is excited by the pace of ap. You’ll lead a cross-functional team conducting experiments to de-risk and ultimately build software that supports governments as well as the residents they represent.
Who We Are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of public governance. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart.
In this role you will…
As a product manager at Polco, you'll jump right into the role, learning our product and collaborating with other teams to deliver value to our users. Work with a small, cross-functional team and partner closely with engineering, design and internal stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions to business and user challenges.
- You'll be an early team member, with the opportunity to have a major impact on our product, our culture and the overall business
- Lead the end-to-end success of your product area from discovery to launch
- Collaborate with the VP of Technology to develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Use your passion for technology and solving users problems to drive product outcomes
- Lead brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders to learn about client needs and identify product solutions
- Work with engineers to understand scope of work based on product requirements
- Work with product owners to understand product requirements
- Coordinate with sales and marketing on the GTM plan for new launches
- Develop team leadership and succession plan for the team by hiring, training and mentoring individuals to meet their career development goals
- Communicate product updates to internal stakeholders
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of managing software products
- You have 2+ years of experience designing experiments to validate product hypotheses
- You’re good at balancing details with big picture timing and impact
- You have fearlessness and a comfort with uncertainty
- You have an acumen for turning complex problems into actionable plans
- You are self-driven and have strong communication skills
Why work with us?
- A significant chance to improve how government (and maybe even politics) works
- Remote-first work environment—the product team is currently spread out in CA, CO and WI
- The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Benefits package including dental, medical and vision coverage
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Home office setup stipend