Polco is Hiring a People Operations Specialist!
As the People Operations Specialist, your passion for people and processes will provide you the opportunity to support the coordination of projects directly affecting the entire company. You will work both collaboratively and independently keeping our operations on track and supporting our people, culture and growth.
Who we are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives, and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of democracy. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart. Polco is designed to bring people closer together regardless of who they are, where they come from, or how they think. We appreciate and celebrate these differences among our team, too. After all, we’re building something that everyone needs to love, so a broad range of diverse perspectives is important. We don’t look for people with perfect resumes or who “fit the mold.” We look for people who can make our team better.
What you'll do
- Support the continuing improvement of organizational processes and workflows.
- Help build and maintain systems that support people processes and ensure robust communication about them (recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new staff, employee reviews, HR guidelines, professional development programs, PTO tracking)
- Support collaborations and projects with electronic project management tools (Asana, note taking, agenda preparation, resource gathering and distribution, for example).
- Manage meeting agendas and track action items, manage calendars with attention to detail.
- Coordinate and manage time-sensitive projects as they arise.
- May provide logistic and organizational support for event planning.
- Support Director of Ops and the Executive team by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed.
- Serve as a champion of our company values and culture.
- Contribute to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrate engagement and commitment to the team, and recognize others’ contributions and accomplishments.
- Exceptional "people skills," including building trust and rapport, communicating with respect, and behaving with empathy, sincerity, and integrity.
- Discretion, judgment and professionalism with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate needs and troubleshoot problems.
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Facility with a range of computer applications (e.g., Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Asana, Hubspot).
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, resourceful, and solutions-focused.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to be collaborative and team-oriented; go above and beyond to help others.
- Willingness to step in to fill needs in other areas, when appropriate.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree, 3+ years’ related experience
- People Operations/HR Experience.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- High attention to detail, critical thinker.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively converse with all levels of the company.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite/Google Workspace; Advanced skills in Excel/Sheets.
- Professional integrity and accountability.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Why work with us?
- A significant chance to improve how government (and maybe even politics) works
- We're on an awesome stack
- Remote-first work environment
- The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Benefits package including dental, medical, vision coverage
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Home office setup stipend