Who We Are
Polco is a software technology company better connecting communities and their leaders through advanced civic surveying, performance analytics and policy polling. Polco works with a few hundred of the most prominent cities and counties across 40 states and holds endorsements from the National League of Cities and the International City/County Managers Association, and is growing magnificently. Polco is also growing its customer base with its work with school districts, police departments, major news media organizations, and other civic organizations. Polco delivers the ease of online surveys and the citability of traditional analog surveys.
The Account Executive position supports the market share growth of Polco by building relationships, identifying and closing new sales opportunities with net new accounts within an assigned territory. This is a hunter/closer role.
To ensure success in this role, the ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent active listening and communication skills, good personal presentation, politeness and tact and be able to function in a high-pressure environment. We are specifically looking for a solution-oriented Account Executive who is comfortable with SaaS technologies and has a passion for working with state and local government.
In this role you will…
- Focus on selling our Civic Engagement Platform and suite of benchmark surveys to government agencies
- Identify and analyze new opportunities in the assigned territory and prioritize prospecting and sales activity in order to achieve or exceed assigned quota.
- Create a territory plan and re-evaluate quarterly to align with team and company goals
- Prospect, cold call/email, demo and close new business deals within territory
- Hunt and set R- meetings within assigned territory to grow overall sales funnel value
- Conduct product demos for potential buyers and follow up with prospects to close the deal.
- Enter and maintain accurate records and data regarding contacts, progress, and status for each opportunity using Hubspot, Asana and Referenceable. Create forecast reports for opportunities.
- Lead your client hand-off meetings introducing CLS team
- Attend conferences and events to drive new business
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience in lead generation (ideally software and public sector)
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- High-energy, competitive and innovative team leader with the ability to think quickly
- Working knowledge of support tools (CRM tools, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail)
- Superior email, phone and web communication skills
Knowledge and Skills
- The belief that policy improvement requires feedback and engagement
- The desire to lower and eliminate communication barriers between representatives and constituents
- Curiosity and a love of learning
- Ability to be a highly collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to Madison, WI or other locations (post COVID-19)
- Experience with MEDDICC is a plus!
- Experience working with State Agencies is also a plus!
Why Work With Us?
- The excitement of being in on the ground floor of a new startup
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package including dental, medical, & vision coverage
- Vanguard IRA with up to 3% company match of employee contribution
- A home-office/tech allowance on-hire and renewing biennially
- A professional development allowance
- Flexible work hours, remote working, and generous paid time off
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, folks who identify as queer and others who are underrepresented in the technology or research field to apply.
How to apply
If Polco’s mission sounds like something you want to be part of, we encourage you to apply.
Apply with a resume and a short cover letter here.