Polco is Hiring a Financial Analyst!
Who We Are
Polco is a software technology company better connecting communities and their leaders through advanced civic surveying, performance analytics and policy polling. Polco works with a few hundred of the most prominent cities and counties across 40 states and holds endorsements from the National League of Cities and the International City/County Managers Association, and is growing magnificently. Polco is also growing its customer base with its work with school districts, police departments, major news media organizations, and other civic organizations. Polco delivers the ease of online surveys and the citability of traditional analog surveys.
The Financial Analyst serves as a business partner to Polco’s C-Suite and Vice Presidents, providing expertise to measure Polco’s financial performance and maintain various forecasts and scenario plans at the company level. This role also assists in financial modeling support to key functional areas across the organization including sales and marketing forecasts. Finally, Polco’s financial analyst conducts analysis to assess short and long term range goals, including hitting key fundraising milestones, using generally accepted financial and accounting principles, theories and concepts.
Experience and Skills
- Partner with leadership to drive Polco’s growth as a venture-backed startup
- Maintain financial and operational metrics to evaluate and direct business performance; analyze operational and financial data to develop profit improvement recommendations
- Evaluate capital investment proposals including financial returns and sensitivities to key assumptions
- High-energy, competitive and innovative team leader with the ability to think quickly
- Develop key performance metrics that succinctly measure performance and project future results
- Execute monthly variance analysis on individual operating unit’s performance, including multiple KPI’s
- Effectively interface with leaders to understand, and report upon key financial trends, challenges opportunities and forecast implications
- Extensive coordination with Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience: provide most current view of expected business performance, perform financial modeling through cash flows
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field 3+ years’ related experience
- Working knowledge of planning and modeling software (bonus points if you’ve used Jirav)
- Exceptional planning and organization skills
- High attention to detail, critical thinker
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicate complex financial analysis to all levels of the organization and externally Work with little direction to complete projects timely and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively converse with all levels of the company
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite/Google Workspace; Advanced skills in Excel/Google Sheets
- Professional integrity and accountability
- Work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience at or knowledge of venture-backed startups
Why Work With Us?
- The excitement of being in on the ground floor of a new startup
- Competitive compensation & stock options
- Exceptional benefits package including dental, medical, & vision coverage
- Flexible work hours, remote working & generous paid time off
How To Apply
If Polco’s mission sounds like something you want to be part of, we encourage you to apply.
Please note that Polco will be unable to respond to any telephone calls regarding the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, folks who identify as queer and others who are underrepresented in the technology or research field to apply.