Customer Success Manager
This position reports to the Director of Customer Success and oversees all phases of the customer lifecycle following the acquisition of a new customer. The CSM takes customers immediately from sales to onboarding, implementation and customer care as a trusted advisor. They will offer training and guidance for enterprise customers throughout their customer journey on Polco.
The CSM is responsible for the successful delivery, adoption, and ongoing engagement of Polco tools to customers and ensuring these products continue to help the customer reach their community engagement goals. The CSM oversees day-to-day customer relationships and actively participates in retaining and growing customer relationships.
- Onboarding and product implementation for enterprise (Premium and Performance) customers
- Goal setting with customers
- Executive Business Reviews quarterly to make sure goals are on track (review of metrics and high-level review of past quarter with executives)
- Client check-ins monthly and as determined by customer/CSM
- Training on platform use and outreach/engagement for existing customers
- Tech support: for immediate PM requests/help for current customers
- Reviewing customer health metrics and score in conjunction with Growth
- Demos of Polco platform for potential and existing premium+ customers
- Premium renewals
- Product education: tutorial videos, Knowledge Base articles, and email copy
- Benchmark project management
- Drive product adoption, lead a positive customer experience throughout the lifecycle on Polco, and drive growth through upsells, renewals and net retention improvements
- Refine and deliver onboarding demos and overviews, working with Sales and PMs to deliver quality onboarding and training throughout the customer’s lifecycle
- Ensure smart hand-off from Sales to CS: CSM to Project Manager for benchmark and back to CSM
- Address escalated customer issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
- Own a portfolio of customers and manage these relationships as they move through all phases of the customer lifecycle.
- Analyze customer data and seek opportunities to showcase value realized from the Polco, including through regular business reviews with the customer.
- Create “raving fans” and highlight each customer’s success and externally as permitted.
- Represent the “voice of the customer” and key insights to ensure that each customer is successful.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that customer requirements and product feedback are captured.
- Work closely with Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering teams to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, and account opportunities
- Uncover mechanisms for increasing the value of customer portfolio to the company through marketing initiatives, references, partnerships, market advocacy, social networking, etc.Project management includes sampling, mailing, outreach for each survey iteration, and ongoing support for all customers
- Review metrics biweekly with Growth and adjust as needed to create useful metrics and score for customer health
- Create content for newsletters, blogs, vlogs and other outward-facing content as needed, especially for Polco Connect, Polco’s user community
- Work collaboratively on Voice of the People awards to notify, evaluate and deliver each years’ winners
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of internal processes and the customer experience
- Support core metrics for CS team as a whole
- Participate in receiving and providing compassionately direct feedback
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of customer success management experience within SaaS (govtech experience preferred)
- Knowledge of the customer success and community industry and common platforms used
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including the executive and C-level
- Experience in creating and delivering client-focused success and executive business review plans based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, persuasion, and presenting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with remote teams
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, manage time and anticipate needs
How to apply
If Polco’s mission sounds like something you want to be part of, we encourage you to apply.
Apply with a resume and a short cover letter here.