Polco is hiring an Associate Project Manager!
Who we are
Polco transforms how leaders connect with their communities and helps them confidently make the best, most informed decisions. Serving the information needs of the public sector, Polco provides accurate and reliable feedback through survey research and innovative community engagement tech. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart.
The Associate Project Manager will be a member of the Operations team supporting the Executive Suite in ensuring that essential internal projects are effectively executed to meet overall business needs. The associate project manager will work cross-functionally to provide the process and structure needed for teams to collaborate efficiently and effectively on internal projects. They will facilitate communication and ensure the shared understanding of goals, tasks and timelines.
- Create project plans, including project definition, resources, goals, teammates, tasks, milestones and deadlines
- Delegate tasks on the project to the teams and/or individuals best positioned to complete them, and ensuring their subgoals and group deadlines, and level of accountability are understood (responsible, accountable, consulted, informed)
- Serve as a point of contact for all project members (teams/individuals) to ensure all actions meet shared objectives
- Communicate with executives to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Perform quality control on the project throughout to maintain the standards expected
- Anticipate opportunities and issues proactively
- Manage project risks and resolve issues impacting project scope, timeline, and budget
- Adjust project schedules and targets as needed, as external or internal parameters change. Communicate these changes to all affected parties
- Communicate to executives about any trade-offs between multiple on-going projects
- While you will own management of specific internal projects, you will be available to assist the executive team in supporting operations, as needed.
- 4-6 years of related experience required.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Workspace or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to use project management software (Asana. Miro, for example) to provide cross-team visibility and accountability on delegated tasks and deliverables
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, proactive, resourceful, and solutions-focused
- Discretion, judgment and professionalism with the highest level of confidentiality
What you Bring
- The belief that policy improvement requires feedback and engagement.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Curiosity and a love of learning.
- Ability to be a highly collaborative team player.
- Willingness to occasionally travel.
Why Work With Us?
- The excitement of being on the ground floor of a startup
- Exceptional benefits package including dental, medical, & vision coverage flexible work hours, remote working & generous paid time off
- Vanguard IRA with up to 3% company match of employee contribution
- A home-office/tech allowance on-hire and renewing bi-annually
- A professional development allowance
Headquartered in Middleton, WI and Boulder, CO, Polco is a public engagement technology startup specializing in community surveys and civic engagement services for local governments and other public-sector clients across the US. Polco is the only community engagement provider with robust in-house survey science and public sector experts within its National Research Center (NRC). Polco is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its staff and clientele.