Original Content Marketing
- Write blogs and webpages, advertisements, newsletters, emails and more
- Edit and proofread brand content
- Update and optimize content for SEO
Contribute to social media
- Post and Advertisement creation
- Engagement and audience development
- Relevant content curation
Content and idea generation
- Maintaining and championing the voice and brand of Polco
- Contribute content for partner publications
- Share your visions with the team
Work together with a growing team!
- Opportunity to occasionally represent Polco at conferences and staff an exhibit table – then write recap blogs about that conference
- Assist the team with other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or other relevant field
- Digital Marketing certifications a big plus!
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to edit and receive edits constructively
- Ability to write strong Headlines
- Knowledge of AP style preferred
- Understanding of SEO for blogs and webpages
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational abilities, including the ability to manage the relationships between multiple ongoing, related strands of work
- Strong communications skills, both internally with Polco staff and externally with clients and potential customers
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred (but not required)
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube (for business)
- Working knowledge of HubSpot desired (or ability to learn HubSpot for posting content)
- Basic understanding of digital media software, like Photoshop or Canva
- Strong understanding of copywriting for conversion optimization
- Understanding of copyright laws
Compensation and Benefits
The Copywriter / Digital Content Marketer is a full-time position with benefits in a growing, fast-paced, innovative gov-tech company. The annual salary is 65K-75K, range based on experience. A competitive benefits package is provided for all full-time employees.
Headquartered in Middleton, WI and Boulder, CO, Polco / National Research Center is a government technology and survey research firm specializing in community surveys and civic engagement services for local governments and other public-sector clients across the US. Polco / NRC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its staff and clientele.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Polco, along with your application.
Position available immediately and open until filled. EOE.
Please note that Polco will be unable to respond to any telephone calls regarding the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, folks who identify as queer and others who are underrepresented in the technology or research field to apply.