On Demand Webinar
What Does It Take To Rethink Budgeting?
Get new data on the current state of budgeting according to local government finance professionals. Learn whether they are ready to modernize existing processes based on exclusive survey results.
There is a growing awareness that local government budgeting practices need updated. Many local governments recognize the limitations of traditional budgeting methods and are eager to explore new approaches. However, there are challenges and barriers to implementing these changes, such as entrenched thinking, limited resources, and lack of support from leadership.
To help address these issues, the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) launched the Rethinking Budgeting initiative. This initiative seeks to raise new and interesting ideas on modernizing local government budgeting.
As part of this effort, Polco experts applied their survey expertise to understand how budget leaders see the current budget process and what it would take to improve it.
In this webinar:
- Get access to the survey results
- Receive insights into what other professionals think of the budgeting process in their cities
- Learn ideas from other local government finance leaders on how to improve the current budgeting processes
- Michelle Kobayashi, Principal Research Strategist, Polco
- Shayne Kavanagh, Senior Manager of Research, GFOA
- David Goldman, Finance Director, City of Oak Harbor, WA
- Chris Adams, Founder and President, Balancing Act from Polco
Access the webinar for exclusive insights
The survey results add deeper understanding to GFOA’s Rethinking Budgeting initiative, a blueprint for how to make the most of limited budgets to solve complex problems.
In this webinar, finance and survey science leaders discuss the survey results and concerns with budgeting practices today.