On Demand Webinar
Community Engagement: The Critical Component of Rethinking Budgeting
New survey research of budget officers shows governments must increase resident engagement for successful, modernized city financing.
Traditional budget processes have fallen behind current demands, needs, and expectations. So, the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) started a movement to modernize local government budgeting.
But for success in rethinking budgeting, resident input is a key driver.
Thought leaders in the field point to engagement as the answer for better-connecting budgets and plans. They challenge leaders to bring resident perspectives into the process, create buy-in, and better serve community priorities and values.
In this webinar:
- Learn how to bring community input into successful government financing
- See how other finance leaders are modernizing outdated budget processes
- Get nationwide survey results on the state of local government budgeting reported by Polco data scientists
- Valerie Lemmie, Director of Exploratory Research, the Kettering Foundation
- Shayne Kavanagh, Senior Manager of Research, GFOA
- Michelle Kobayashi, Principal Research Strategist, Polco
- Chris Adams, Founder and President, Balancing Act from Polco
- Angelica Wedell, Communications Director, Polco (Host)
Access the webinar for exclusive insights
In this webinar, see what it takes to productively engage residents around the city budget. You’ll also discover a premier assessment tool designed by industry leaders to help you transition into inclusive, 21st-century budgeting practices.
Polco data scientists will also report insights from the Local Government Budget Survey, conducted in collaboration with GFOA. Fill out the form to get practical information that can you modernize your city's budgeting practices.