If you have a newsletter, utility insert or bulletin board, you can catch folks while they aren’t focused on their screens.
Where to start:
Think about places where people gather or what printed materials you already mail out.
- Add a filler sheet or a printed message in utility bills.
- Hang posters or notices at public buildings such as libraries, service centers and City Hall.
- Hand out fliers at events, libraries, service centers and City Hall.
- Add a scrolling message on the municipality’s TV channel.
- Share posters and fliers with other public agencies, businesses and non-governmental partners that may be willing to spread the word.
Design something eye-catching!
- Use images if you have space.
- Use a large-enough font if it is going on a wall.
- Have a call-out box if it is inserted in a newsletter or bill.
- Be clear and to the point.
- Make the URL prominent, and be sure people know what to do.
- Go to polco.us/[shorturl] to join.
Be heard! Go to polco.us/[shorturl] to give your input on [topic].
Join your neighbors on polco.us/[shorturl] to provide input on City planning. More information at [short link to city blog].